Specification Sales Account Manager
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop relationships with key influencers at local Architect, Engineer & Lighting Design firms.
- Design assistance in developing control intent, fixture schedules, specifications, and drawings.
- Provide holistic, project level involvement with assigned Architectural firms.
- Actively manage an account list of approximately 10-15 significant firms. Provide as-needed support to a secondary account list.
- Create project level opportunities for the manufactures we represent through regular sales calls, presentations, client travel, industry events, etc.
- Create and manage a yearly business plan for key accounts. Report and track to plan.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Candidates are preferred, although not required, to have a bachelor’s degree or beyond.
Candidates should be proficient in the following skills:
- Microsoft Office 365 Products & Solutions, specifically Outlook, Teams & Power Point.
- Advanced knowledge of control systems.
- Ability to read and understand architectural and electrical drawings.
- Excellent organizational practices.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) skills.
- A strong ability to work in a team environment, both in-person and remotely.
- Proven sales experience.
- 5+ years in sales at a Manufacturer Rep firm.
- Member of the local IES chapter.
- Active involvement with local Architecture and Design professional organizations.